on 9 December 2012
This is the first Georgette Heyer Regency novel I've read and I really enjoyed it. I felt like I was going on an adventure with these characters. I couldn't help but love Jack and feel sorry for Dickie who really paid a heavy price for a few seconds of stupidity, whereas poor Jack stood by his brother out of love, loyalty and respect, and equally paid a heavy price too.

A very good book, which certainly held my attention throughout. I thought Lavinia was a thoroughlly spoilt bratt who didn't really know what she'd got until she was in danger of losing it.

Very good book. Would recommend.
What's this?