on 16 October 2012
I purchased this tablet for university work; viewing PDFs and course material, as well as emails, web, etc.
The packaging was sturdy, containing the tablet, a charger, a couple of micro-USB cables, and a general A1CS tablet user guide.

Having used this for a few days, I am very happy with the product. I will update if anything goes wrong within the warranty period.

Build Quality + Appearance:
Good. A rubberised back helps a great deal with grip. The charging plug seems a bit cheap and doesn't appear to insert fully, but it hasn't been a problem so far and works fine.

800*480 screen is adequate for my needs, and taken into consideration with the rest of the spec. is very good value at the current price IMHO. The 8 inch version, similar except the 1024*768 screen resolution + bluetooth, is FIFTY pounds more.

Media performance:
Had I intended to watch more films/telly, or do more web browsing/gaming, I would have chosen a higher resolution product with a slower processor. This was meant for work, but I have played a hell of a lot of games and watched a couple of films already - its so handy! Games are great. Video is slightly grating to watch in these days of HD everything, and the screen is the same resolution as my huawei g300 phone.
Watching iPlayer is fine, as is all flash content (so far) and other services such as FilmOn (app) putlocker etc.
Having many processes running at once is surprisingly fast, but this may be due to the caching capabilities of the latest android 4.1.x - whatever the reasons.. its good.
This tiny tablet will certainly put many bloated laptop relics to shame. I haven't tried it with an HDMI cable, yet I would be comfortable suggesting this can replace any decrepit VGA hardware you still have laying around.

I would certainly be happy to purchase further products from this seller in the future.
And I probably will.

I have shown this to a few people, and 2 have been purchased within a week.
Have just bought GTA Vice City for it, and apart from the usual early bugs, wow.
The processor/GPU are similar to a Samsung Galaxy S3, so can handle any game out at the moment.
I trimmed a poundland iPad screen protector to fit it, perfect. Hole punch for the camera lens.
It has stood up well to daily abuse, giving 3+ hours on a charge. It will probably give more if you can wait many hours to switch it on for the first time - I couldn't.
Touchscreen is occasionally erratic during crucial gamimg missions, but that could be the cheap screen film, frantic movement, and calloused hands.
UPDATE2 - I left this in my back pocket and sat on it for a 20 minute car ride... its fine! I weigh 90kg.
Price has gone up 20 since I purchased. I would still consider it at this cost.
1111 Comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?