on 31 July 2011
*Spoiler Free*

I liked Where She Went a lot more than If I Stay. Adam's point of view was refreshing, especially as I liked him more than Mia's character in If I Stay. Interestingly enough, from his perspective, I learned to like Mia more as well.

I also preferred the writing in this book and Gayle Forman does a fantastic job at conveying Adam's grief. I felt so sorry for him in certain parts of the book and could imagine how awful it would be to have his life. There were a few clichés in this book, for example the fed-up rock star who hates crowded places, but they didn't feel quite as tired as those in If I Stay. I could really empathise with Adam, you could see how lonely he was, without Mia.

I also really loved the flashbacks in this book. They added a lot to the storyline, considering how much time had passed since the accident. It was interesting to learn how drastically Adam's life had changed, especially with the band.

The end of the book kept me on my toes and I was so happy with the outcome. I was really unsure what would happen in the last few chapters, Gayle Forman certainly kept me guessing.

4 stars - This was a good ending to the If I Stay series and you are left with a feeling of satisfaction.
What's this?