on 24 May 2012
I bought my set from hmv the other day for just £15 (sorry amazon, you were too much) an absolute steal even without remastering (er.. ie. making it a bit louder). Well, it apears 3 of the albums ARE remastered, those being MADONNA,LIKE A VIRGIN & TRUE BLUE and those have a couple of remixes each as bonuses, nice.

It is a shame though, as some have said, that they all haven't been given this treatment and a couple of extra songs for each album thrown on each. Also, it's a shame that somewhere along the line, we'll end up with some loose albums after this box set, so they'll end up sat next to it, looking rather fat in comparison to this slimmed super set, or will madge do a part two to accompany this set in 2033? - somehow, I doubt it (2008-2033) but you never know, look at sinatra.

I love these set's, it's a quick and cheap way to get most of her stuff in CD form. Now all there is to do is rip them all in EAC in FLAC form, put them all on a 16gb micro sd card, and then I'll have the (mostly) full works of Madge on my tiny Sandisk Fuse(portable & lossless). I never bother with mp3's, long live the CD!!!!

Some Great albums here, all condensed into mini LP Card Covers, which saves loads of space. As they're all going to be ripped to digital form [FLAC's] this doesn't matter, I won't be wearing out the less durable sleeves, but they're there when I want to look at them or show them to someone.

I always had a soft spot for the first album & the first 6 are great, then it's a bit hit and miss with ray of light and confessions being the best of her later career.

If you see this for less than £20, buy it; but only if you don't have a lot of them already. At £15, well, it's a no-brainer, some of the most iconic songs from most of my adult life are on these albums (and some of my teens too)
A Solid 4.5/5.

Only dropping half for the lack of a bonus CD with all her other singles/rarities etc. to make the set complete. As I can't give it 4.5 stars, it's a 5 star, for it's just brilliant value at £15
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details