on 29 March 2007
This is my first Good Charlotte CD, which I bought on the strength of the first single and a T4 show where they played a few tracks live. I liked what I had heard but was expecting to be disappointed by an album that was probably a bit one dimensional content wise. How wrong I was. This is a great album, make no mistake, from first to last. It has everything, from punk rock songs to pure pop songs (although Coldplay should consider suing over a couple of the tunes :-). They're obviously growing as songwriters, performers and people and that shows in the diversity of music, ideas and emotions on offer here. Angry, moody and miserable are also joined by loving, reflective and, dare I say it...happy (?) on this record and they all sit nicely together thank you very much.

Another reviewer said that only 14 year old girls would like this, but I'm 42 and proud that I still listen to all kinds of music, good and bad, and then decide. I suggest that you do the same because, for my money, this is good....very good. Buy it and do yourself a favour.

0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?