on 10 October 2006
Of the crime novels I have read in the last year this was my favourite and this includes offerings from Hennig Mankell,John Harvey,both books by that Icelandic bloke,Michael Connelly and Minette Walters.I was surprised that I would warm to a character with the name Harry Hole,( is this a strange translation of a Norwegian name?) but as a dysfunctional character he beats the hell out of Wallander or Rebus.

I liked the book so much that I was almost beside myself with excitement when I found what I thought was the sequel in the form of The Redbreast.It was a big disappointment to discover that allthough this book was printed after Devils Star it is in fact the first book. So if you are new to Jo Nesbo please read Redbreast first and you wont be disappointed.
48 people found this helpful