on 13 December 2013
I have read several books by former FLDS wives, and I never get tired of them, though they make difficult reading because of their intensely moving stories.

Rebecca (Becky) Musser's book is hard to put down, extremely easy to read in terms of style, and so full of information I hadn't read before because she was one of the first of Rulon Jeffs's 'young wives', and therefore at the very heart of the organisation. She was privy to major decisions, watched as - even on her 'Honeymoon' - Rulon Jeffs married a succession of younger women, and was able to see the workings of the people surrounding him, including the notorious Warren Jeffs - as he pushed his way to the top, and manipulated everyone around him.

I haven't finished reading the book yet: intriguing and absorbing as it is, I measure how much I subject myself to at any one time, so that it doesn't become overwhelming and sadden me too much, but I absolutely recommend reading her book. I've read Carolyn Jessop's and Becky's sister's book, and I would have to say that I am finding this the most satisfying read. That is not to detract from the others - which were amazing, especially Carolyn's, as it was the first I read of its kind - but Becky's book is very well written and edited.

With the issues she is revealing - which are hard to take in today's enlightened Western society - it really has its place as one of the foremost books on the subject, not least because of her position, and ultimately, how she has brought the subject to the world's attention due to her "privileged" (??!) position at the top.

Well done, Becky, for turning your abuse into a major force for good, positivity, and enlightenment for others.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?