on 22 June 2013
This was my first venture into steampunk and also my first book by this author, I wasn't disappointed!!

I would say this is quite paranormal (which is a bonus as its my fave genre) with a steampunk twist, the steampunk element is mainly the descriptive elements i.e. the environment in which this story takes place, the modes of transport and items, some of the characters are "steampunk"

The world in which this story takes place is very well described and easy to imagine. The characters have depth and you really feel like you get to know them, the main characters are out leading lade Honoria, who is a very strong character with some real issues that needed to be addressed and the totally swoon-worthy Blade (where can I get myself one of him!!) whilst he's not your typical drop dead gorgeous hero you soon find yourself falling for him along side Honria as you read through the pages and immerse yourself in the intriguing world that Bec McMaster has created. The secondary characters in this also help make this a great book and I can easily see them going on to become main characters in further books in the series, I am definitely keen to learn more about young Will, Blades lieutenant and verwulfen aka "The Beast of Whitechapel" he has some issues and also I think Lena, Honoria's younger sister is going to be a firecracker of a leading lady.

I don't like spoilers in reviews and as such don't like to give much away about the plot in my own reviews. But I would like to say I thoroughly enjoyed this book and if you like anything paranormal or steampunk then read this, you will not be disappointed, I myself am moving straight on to book 2.

I cannot wait to read more from Bec McMaster and I really struggled to put this book down.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details