on 20 September 2011
I bought this toothbrush well over a year ago, and it's still going strong, contrary to some of the reviews. Thought I'd post a quick review, as I have been so happy with it.

After the usual struggles getting my 8 year old son to brush his teeth properly with a manual toothbrush, since buying this sonicare he brushes his teeth without complaint, and as he knows that he has to wait for the beep after 2 minutes, there are no shortcuts! He loves the sound to tell him to switch to a different quadrant in his mouth.

Recommended by my dentist, who said that an electric toothbrush cannot be beaten, especially the Philips sonicare models, which apparently are better than the Oral-B electric models. However, I have read differing reports, so I am only going by what my dentist recommended.

The heads are, frankly, quite expensive, but what value do you put on your childs teeth? They are priceless, so it's not worth complaining about.

If you have an adult sonicare as well, like I do, then you can both have a 'race' to see who's toothbrush beeps first! In fact, my son rushes to the bathroom to get started before me so he can win. Who says brushing your teeth isn't fun?
3 people found this helpful