TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 25 September 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My primary interest in this product is its air purification facility, not its humidifying effect, as my house is old and not centrally heated and thus has more need of a dehumidifier! Although it may appear that this device can be used to lower the humidity in your home by virtue of the fact that you can set it to specific humidity levels, this is unfortunately not the case, humidifiers and dehumidifiers work in different ways, and an evaporative humidifier such as this is not capable of removing moisture from the air. Shame, as THAT I could have tested!

The unit itself is surprisingly large and heavy, it is larger than I anticipated (the children in that photo on the Amazon product page must be giants!). It is quite stylish-looking, fortunately, so doesn't make a bad addition to a room.

Since, as I mentioned, my house is already rather damp (woe is me...), I opted for the 'air-cleaning only' option and turned the humidifying function off. The box claims that it is 'whisper quiet', while that is overstating it somewhat, it is very quiet and unobtrusive in operation. I was a little dubious that the air purification would be effective, as it does not have a HEPA filter - this removes particles up to 2 microns, whereas the HEPA standard removes particles up to 0.3 microns, as I understand it - but was very pleasantly surprised, and it did make a difference to my allergies. The main filter in this device is washable, which is excellent - I previously owned an air purifier which had horribly expensive filters which needed to be replaced every couple of months or they'd start spitting carbon out! There is an optional 'anti-odour filter' provided, which is brilliant at removing cooking smells etc. It's actually so good that it's worth using the device just for that!

Definitely worth a go as an air purifier for people with allergies, and I'm sure it would be excellent for use as a humidifier in houses with central heating and the resultant dry air.
What's this?