Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 17 January 2012
Have to say that these "shoes" are more like rubber socks and should only be bought if you are planning on running on a relatively soft ground. Road running would be ok too, although your feet will take a pounding.

I tried them on my usual cross country root: woodland track, path around pond and canal path; my feet took quite a beating as you feel absolutely every rock and bump. Only managed one small thorn though so I thought myself lucky.

These shoes could do with a thicker layer of very flexible rubber on the sole that would solve all my problems stated above. But also I managed to pull my right calf muscle which took about 5 days to shake off so that I could walk without a limp. I did however run straight out on my usual 5 mile run which was a bit silly of me; I assumed that as I'd adjusted my running technique to the barefoot running style for the preceding 3 months my calves would be strong enough.. I was wrong!

Start off small as all good advice says when switching to a new running style and build back up again.

I will be trying these again soon when my calf has fully calmed down :), next time it will be on the roads and park only!
What's this?