on 12 April 2013
I looked long and hard at the miriad of LED GU10 bulbs to replace the 10 x 50 Watt incandescant bulbs we had in our kitchen. Based on price and, mainly, other good reviews, I chose this product and haven't been disappointed. I started by buying 4, to test them against the old bulbs and they seem to give out a pretty similar amopunt of light to the 50W bulbs and with a similar spread of light. Looking up at the lights, you cant really tell the difference between the old bulbs and these new LED bulbs but if I look carefully into the room they are slightly whiter and less yellow than the old bulbs (but as they are 2800K (the lower the number the less white/blue) they're pretty good). However, the difference is very small and I think that, once I have relaced them all, the difference will be so small as not to be noticeable. The big bonus is that instead of running at 500W, we'll only be at 45W so the cost of the bulbs (much cheaper than almost all other LED GU10 bulbs I saw) should be repaid fairly quickly.
The bulbs are 2 or 3mm longer than the old GU10s and were a bit of a squeeze into the fittings but have gone in fine.
I cant comment on bulb life as I've only just bought them but I read somewhere that Megaman offer a 5 year guarantee but I haven't seen any mention of this on the invoice or packaging that I bought.
The usual very prompt delivery from Amazon through one of their partner companies - ordered one eveing, despatched the next morning and delievered within a couple of days.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink