on 26 April 2013
When the first unit arrived, my 1st reaction was "Wow", superbly packed and excellent looking unit. Setting the Drobo5N up was a doddle. Located it next to the router. Loading the Dashboard was again a very easy operation and withing a few minutes we were up and running.
The following day, after the main PC was bought back online, the Drobo "shares" were not visible on the PC.
They weren't even showing as mapped network drives!
After re-booting the Drobo all was well again.
I had this problem a few times and, as this was obviously not satisfactory, I raised a case with Drobo support, who I must say were very helpful.
After updating the firmware on the Drobo5N there was no change and I was told not to re-load the Drobo firmware anymore as there appeared to be a fault on the Drobo and it could cause a drive to fail!.
A replacement Drobo5N arrived in a couple of days from Germany and the old one was sent back - very easy using FedEx at no cost to me.
Having booted up the new Drobo and replaced a drive which was showing errors, the old problem still existed!
It's a good job that I am a very patient person!
Drobo support were there for me all of the time and phoned me on more than one occasion.
It was then decided that the problem lay in the Dashboard software and I was told to use a version that, at the time, was available for the Drobo5S.
With rebooting the PC every time that the software was removed and re-added, it was becoming a chore!
Thankfully the latest Dashboard software works fine and the Drobo5N is now working as it is supposed to from multiple PCs.
Finally, Yes I would recommend this product now that the problems are being resolved, thanks to Drobo support.
I would have given this 5 stars but for the problems that I had.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?