Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Explore Subscribe & Save across Household brands Shop now The Equalizer 2 The Equalizer 2 The Equalizer 2 Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

17 March 2016
This was a terrific book to read. It's very much a story of two halves.

The first half rings all too well with me. I'm possibly a small bit of a Ken, and I used to be - perhaps still am to an extent - a Craig. Fortunately I've never been a Crystal or a Nigel, but I'm sure like most people I can think of people they resemble in my own life too.

The author introduces each of them to us through a fifth mysterious central character. And it's through that character that we transition perfectly into the second half of the story.

In a weird way, the second half reminds me of Sybok in Star Trek V, taking away pain through sharing it! Except in this instance it's actually done in a methodical manner which breaks down each character before building them up again within the group. So much better than that movie!

There are, of course, a few twists along the way. The best kind of twists that you don't see coming and you get the full impact of them hitting you as they hit the characters.

Ultimately the moral of this book is a familiar one, whether in a biblical sense of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" or perhaps more accurate in a Jerry Springer sign off sense of "take care of yourself and each other" - and really that's the only moral that matters in this world.

This book hammers it home in a well paced and hard hitting manner. One that captivates the reader from beginning to end and even makes you think "how could I improve myself from these lessons?"

I'd highly recommend reading this book, and I look forward to reading more from Richard Swan.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink