on 17 July 2013
I had enjoyed Dr. Halpern's recording of Yoga Nidra very much, so I decided to buy his book. It is a treasure of a book, that shows you how to make, little by little, some changes in your life in order to live a more harmonious and healthy life, that suits your constitution. I was already familiar with the main concepts of Ayurveda, but it is always useful to review these ideas and discover new facets. I particularly appreciated the chapter on the use of colours and music. I also liked the fact that he speaks about his experience and personal story most honestly.
One point, though,remains unclear for me: while Dr. Halpern clarify that most people have a mixed constitution,all the advice about food, as well as sound, colours etc., is given according to each single dosha and sometimes the suggestion are quite the opposite for two doshas (like vata-kapha) which both may be present in your constitution. So, I am a bit confused about this, but I have to say that, as far as I can tell, ALL the books on Ayurveda gives advice according to the single dosha.
On the whole, it is an excellent book and I highly recommend it. Even if you are new to Ayurveda, it is a masterly introduction.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink