on 5 June 2014
I have been a fan of anything rock and metal for around 20 years . But Power/Symphonic Metal is the genre that really appeals to my eardrums. I have to say that early Xandria always left me wanting more. Until the last album, Neverworlds End, really made me take notice in a big way. This album was just amazing. I was worried about Sacrificium due to a vocalist change and wasn't quite sure if it would hit the standard of its predecessor.
I shouldn't have doubted it for a second! This album is simply amazing. Moody,melodic and heavy! The new vocalist, Dianne van Giersbergen, is simply stunning. Her voice is soft, haunting and powerful. She pulls out all the stops and you always know she has more left in the tank, but doesn't overdo it. The songs on this album are just brilliant. Tracks like Temple of Hate and Little Red Relish are extremely good and just what symphonic metal is all about. Strong pumping riffs with great orchestration giving it more punch. All blended with a catchy chorus. Stardust,Come with me and Nightfall are all extremely great songs that just make you know this album is something really special. The opening and title track is a 10 minute anthem that has it all. Its builds from a slow haunting melody to a pumping riffs and has it all. The stand out track for me is The Undiscovered Land. Wow! This track is just epic! Its really takes you on a journey like a classic fantasy novel. Just listen to the lyrics and you'l know exactly what I mean.
All in All one of the best albums I've heard in years.....Period. I haven't been this impressed with an album since Serenity's Death and Legacy. If you like your metal symphonic and full of melodic masterpieces then this should be at the top of your shopping list. I LOVED IT..
What's this?