on 29 August 2003
What can I say. I'd heard so much about this ego trip by Mr Michaels and being a Poison "fan", I had to give this one a go. and I must say that it's not QUITE as bad as I thought it may be.
First off, the story is OK, even if it is a bit predictable if you can keep watching until the end.
The acting is pretty good if you can get past the fact that the lead character that Michaels plays (a hard-rocking singer who takes himself a little too seriously) is not a million miles away from his own self. He holds his part well and you believe that he is a hard-rocking... you know what I mean.
The other actors are OK. Mr Martin Sheen pops up as Brett's Dad at one point, which is almost as surreal as the scene where Brett turns up without his false teeth in (I kid you not)... The fact that Charlie Sheen appears for about three seconds and is Michaels' production partner makes you wonder how much begging the boys had to do to get Charlie's distinguished dad to waste a day making this. If I were Martin Sheen, I'd ground them and send them to bed without any supper!
Anyway, I digress. The point is this. On the cover, it mentions 'Brett Michaels this' and 'Brett Michaels that' so many times that you CANNOT take this movie seriously. After all, this is the man who also wrote the lyrics, "like gasoline, you wanna pump me and leave me when you get your fill, oh yeah!" Why should we take a gritty crime thriller from him seriously?
Maybe I'm being unfair, but let's also remember that I only bought this DVD because it was Brett's own work and I do believe that every rose has it's thorn, just like every night has it's dawn (yeah, yeaaahh). If it wasn't for the name, no one would watch this at all.
But it's a laugh, and you can't help but watching it with your ROKK mullet mates with some beer and your tongue on your cheek (or Pamela Anderson's if you are in Brett and Tommy Lee's club)
Ignore me... go on, buy it and see for yourself.
DON'T HURT YOURSELF THERE NOW, C.C.!
What's this?