Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

5.0 out of 5 stars Skip straight to the update at the end of the review first...., 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Anker 4400mAh Extended Battery with Dark Blue Cover for Samsung Galaxy S3 S III, GT-I9300, fits EB-L1G6LLU, with NFC/Google Wallet Compatibility [18-Month Warranty] (Electronics)
For the record - only 4 stars as I've only had this a very short time so haven't had a chance for a proper field test. This is based upon just 24 hours use but I had to share.

Right out of the box, the battery went in perfectly, with no issues and was a very secure fit with no need to even think about forcing it into place. The cover snapped on and did so in such a way as to make me feel it came with the phone originally. No gaps, no overhang, just a perfect secure fit. Very bulky in comparison to the original pebble slim cover and tiny battery, no polite way to say this. My phone is now fat. I like it, it makes the phone feel so much more substantial and less likely to slip out of my hands and it still fits all the pockets I would normally carry it in. Jeans pockets will be out though, I know that already but no problem.

So how does it work so far? I charged it up, other folks say the same here - it is NOT the quick charge option by any means. It's a big battery with a huge capacity so it takes its sweet time and chews its food properly, but once it's there...ye gods! Once charged to 100%, I left it for a further hour (I normally do with new batteries) and unplugged it.

It sat overnight doing it's own thing connected to my WiFi, taking my e-mails, Farcebook messages, text messages and so on and when I woke up the battery was at 99%.

Ok, impressed so far, lets cane it now.

3 hours of intense text messaging, voice messaging, GPS Tracking, WiFi connection, Bluetooth connection, e-mailing, downloading and updating apps, gaming, video calling, running multiple apps at the same time and generally finding excuses to play with the phone to drain the battery, I didn't hold back. I threw everything at the phone. 71% charge left after all that and the phone is sitting there with its shiny new battery, grinning at me saying "Bring it on then - is that all you got!?". At this rate with my normal usage, I could be up for about 3 days per charge.

By comparison, the standard Samsung battery would have been drained to about 10-15% after all I threw at it in three hours and I'd have had to charge it back up or it would've not lasted the rest of the morning, let a lone the whole day.

One gripe and to be honest I knew it would happen so more of an obvious observation. This is not going to fit a desktop sync/charging unit. Even one designed to accommodate for phone covers. Get a separate and generic stand if you want to prop up your phone but research it first to make sure it will hold your new fat phone.

UPDATE 14 Feb 14: Ok, this battery is good! It lasts all day with some serious usage, mostly video chat over 3G, so were talking serious battery drainage here. The only downside is that it has to be left on charge all night to reach 100%, but as I'm usually asleep while it charges overnight - well you can see where it's not that much of an issue. The battery takes some severe usage abuse and sits there asking for more. Yes I absolutely recommend this product! Upgraded to 5 stars with no hesitation.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]