on 28 December 2013
I received this CD has a Christmas present, and it has been virtually on repeat, since then. I was never a fan of Gary Barlow or Take That, first time round, and if someone said I would be buying their music, later on in life, I wouldn't have believed them. Huge respect to Mr. G.B. because he has changed my opinion completely.
This is the first time I've ever played a new album and felt familiar with all songs on very first listen. The melodies are instant. There's clearly a number of musical influences from the Beatles to Elton John. It's very well produced, and vocally Gary is on top form.
I think the songs are very personal and have a "biblical" theme to many of them. If Gary got his influences from "divine intervention" then we as listeners are truly blessed !
For me, the best album I've heard this year, and I look forward to hearing more future solo efforts from a "King of Melody".
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink