on 11 April 2008
Having dabbled with System 7 for years and being a Hillage fan, I have always kept an ear out for new material. I especially like the float between techno and trance with their music and as I never know what could come up next, I find the progression of their music is worth listening to. What does it for me is how the ambient sector of their music which is present in this album, seems to blend seemlessly from the techno/trance elements.
I also appreciate it when bands bring out an album that is heavily influenced, this one being from Tezuka Osamu's Manga novels about the legendary Phoenix. Brilliant!
This album won't disappoint you. Just the track titles hooked me before I heard any snippets and when I saw that Eat Static had put their input into Wolf-Head - well I just had to buy it.
Finally, the album delivers incredibly well - beautiful soundscapes and rhythms packed together with enough BPM to resurrect the Phoenix. Or has the Phoenix always been here?
Take it from me - this album is superb.
10 people found this helpful