on 12 February 2011
I have been looking forward to this book for some time and I have to say that I am slightly disappointed.

Firstly, there is too much sex. I'm only about mid way through at the moment, but even so there is so much focus on Rafael and Elena having sex that their developing relationship is barely touched upon. What captured me in the previous books is that both characters seemed so real and I was really looking forward to getting to know them and how they developed as a couple instead there is loads of gratuitous sex. I really hope Nalini doesn't fall into the Laurell K Hamilton trap of sacrificing story line for rounds of unending bed jumping.

I also hate the cover art. I have no idea why they changed the style but am definitely NOT a fan. I've just now finished the book which took several days as I was able to put it down! Something previously unheard of with Nalini's books. It improves in the last 50 or so pages as the story comes together however one is left unsatisfied by the purchase of this book.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?