on 28 December 2011
I had been using a Nespresso Citiz + Milk for nearly two years and whilst I loved the convenience of a quick & easy latte in the morning, I still missed the taste and texture of steamed milk.
So, when I saw a Lattissima on offer with the £60 of free coffee I decided it was time to upgrade.

At first there was disappointment:
1) whilst the Krups Citiz + Milk main body was constructed of metal, most of the outer surfaces of the Lattissima are plastic - I don't think they will bear up as well as the Citiz machine (which still looks in amazing condition after two years).
2) There is no simple Latte option - only a cappuccino and latte macchiato button - both of which produce far too much froth - even on the lowest setting
3) It does not come with a Latte glass as pictured in all the photos! and my current Latte glasses were too tall to fit under the spout!
4) The lower drip tray has deep grooves and is not removable - which makes it a pain to clean if you spill some milk onto it!

However, the steamed milk it delivers is really well done. So I decided to persevere. After a bit of messing with the milk volume and coffee volume I have come up with a workable (if slightly awkward) solution. I use one cup to collect the steamed/frothed milk and then quickly swap in a latte glass when the pump for the espresso bit kicks in - there is a small delay between when the milks stops and the coffee starts. I then skim off the froth from the milk and then add the milk to the espresso.
Result - a great latte which in my mind is as good as any I get from high st chain coffee stores.
99 Comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?