on 4 October 2012
I took this book with me on holiday to inspire me for my next major tour. Unfortunately it did not do so. As another reviewer has stated, this guy is a grade one moaner. I really don't know why he bothered going to be honest if this is the sum of his experiences. I get the impression that this guy spent far too long driving lorries long distance and grew to like his own company too much.
He does visit some amazing places and see some amazing things but it is all made negative by his constant depressive anecdotes and complaining.
He has no real knowledge of cycling so don't expect any thoughts on technical aspects or relating to other cycle tours. I feel he did the trip to help himself become a better person after losing a girlfriend and being stuck in a job he dislikes. If it has, I'm pleased for him. If only it has had the same effect on his writing skills and outlook on life.

I give it two stars as it has some interesting aspects but if your looking for inspiration...don't bother
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink