on 25 April 2013
I bought this elsewhere for £5 cheaper than on Amazon.

This is a well made alarm clock, not too sure about other peoples complaints, the display for me is fine even when the sun comes into my bedroom during the day.

The alarm itself is loud enough for me, but I accept that those who require a literal explosion of noise in the morning may need to look elsewhere.

Yes it is expensive for what it is, but for me it ticks all the boxes required, it tells the time accurately and wakes me up no problem, and being a design freak it looks pretty cool in a minimalist way, well done Braun!

The reason for this purchase is I found my smartphone was erratic in when the alarm went off, and seemed to gain / lose time at will, or my favorite was the battery going flat.

I like accuracy and I don't trust alarm clocks that require mains, yes I know most have a battery back up, however I prefer something that is specific for the task which isn't tethered, the Braun does this while not looking cheap and nasty, something that cannot be said for 99% of the alarm clocks out there.

So if you do not require a thermo nuclear explosion to wake you up,and your not myopic ( I can easily read the time from the opposite end of a large room in blazing sun light) and you fancy something super accurate that looks pretty sweet, then the Braun is a modern stylish alarm clock for you.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?