on 24 October 2012
I just received mine today in the post and this product is fantastic! I did an enormous amount of shopping around as I am more than just a beginner in astronomy but was really struggling to get the look in the charts I was looking for. Ther also was a lack of photos on the Internet of an example star chart page so it was a little bit of a guess to go for this atlas. One thing I really wanted was to have the constellation dots joined up with a faint line. I thought I had read that this atlas didn't do that but it most certainly does in this edition.

Another real bonus is to see the large nebula and other dso's actually to scale. This will make it easier for me to spot faint objects (as I missed andromeda by thinking it was smaller than it was). Ring binding is great and if course the stats that accompany each chart are what I was after. For instance the Messier index includes the magnitudes of all the objects which is handy. Good use of colors on the chats so you intuitively know if objects are clusters, nebula, etc.
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details