on June 22, 2006
Recently I bought this DVD as I hoped that Amazon.co.uk had got the running time wrong, and I'm glad I did. This is indeed the fully restored version with all the trimmings. It's not 132 minutes as Amazon incorrectly lists it. It's more like 150 minutes. Thank goodness it's finally available in its full glory. Hopefully Amazon will correct the misleading technical details listing on this site so that others aren't confused as I was.

In the interests of full disclosure I've left my original review below:

-----

It's great that they released a 'special edition' version of this film, but if it's missing the scenes that were in the original theatre version it's not the whole movie. As with all the other DVD versions this one is missing all the 'political' scenes, so you get a version without the original movie's context. Seems to me like this is just a cynical attempt to re-release the same flawed version to make some extra cash. Give us the full version in its original state!
11 comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?