on 24 October 2012
Although I am not that much fond of musicals, I ended up watching it for its soundtracks to be the songs that I grew up listening to and I still do. I expected the movie to be something like School Of Rock or Rock Star. But never mind! I watched it on DVD and I loved it. It's the eighties. It's rock 'n' roll. And I thought I must buy the soundtrack and I did.

Almost every song on the CD are my all time favourites like David Lee Roth, Poison, Def Leppard, Guns N' Roses, Twisted Sister, Extreme, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Journey, Warrant, Scorpions, Night Ranger, Foreigner, Pat Benatar, Starship, Reo Speedwagon and Joan Jett. What makes this CD special and enjoyable is that all the songs are sung by the actors themselves. And the music is performed by different musicians, arranged slightly differently and in the style of medley. I've been just playing this album on and on at home and car everywhere we go and me and my brother just love singing along to it.

If it was just the collection of the original songs by the original artists, I could not be bothered because I already have them. The only song I skip is 'Undercover Love' (track 16) which just ruins a great rock collection for me. But it's alright.

I can not believe it's Tom Cruise who solo sings Paradise City and Pour Some Sugar On Me, duet sings Wanted Dead Or Alive and I want To Know What Love Is and group sings few other songs. That's like mission impossible. He has such a great rock voice. Amazing! He should do one rock album at least. I bet it will top the chart and I will be the first one to buy.

These are the same songs that I've played million times in my life since teens until this day. I lived on them. I learnt to sing them. I learnt to play them on guitar. I dreamt. I rocked. I was in love. I was young. I was wild. I was free. ... Twenty years and I still rock. Those were the days.

What's this?