VINE VOICEon 6 March 2006
I grew up with Phil Collins, like most twenty-somethings my parents were both big fans of his. I picked this up recently because I wanted to listen something I heard as a kid, and I was suprised how much I still like it.
Phil Collins is not only a great drummer, he also knows how to pen a tune. There are a few dodgy moments of this, for example I can´t stand the cheesy,"true colours," but there are some fine ballads on this. "One more night," and,"groovy kind of love," are both fine tunes from the eighties that stand the test of time. "Easy lover," is a great tune and stands out for Collin´s up tempo vocals and it´s complete catchiness.
I´m a big fan of,"something happened on the way to heaven," one of his lesser known tracks but I like the chorus.
"Two hearts," doesn´t stand the test of time too well, it sounds very basic but,"against all odds," remains a very sensitive song.
"Another day in paradise," is another Collins gem.
I admire Phil Collins, he´s a fine singwriter and musician.
There aren´t many of those around in pop music these days.
16 people found this helpful