on 20 June 2011
I am moving to a new computer soon and wanted to park a copy of My Documents and Favourites out of harm's way. I read the reviews kindly left about this drive by other people, for which many thanks! I noticed the advice about uninstalling UR Drive and /or deleting superfluous software.
I am somewhat nervous of mechanical devices, but it was recognized instantly and became "Ur Drive F". I opened it and wondered what possible harm can happen if I right-click on it. I got "format" among other options. Left-clicking that, I got a stern message that should I proceed I would be deleting a lot of software.
"Really?!" said I, rather pleasantly surprised, and proceeded. Now it appears as KINGSTON DRIVE F, performs immaculately, and when I click "eject" it becomes "a removable disk". Perfect!
If I may be allowed to contribute a slightly frivolous point with a serious intent: like many other contributors before me, I noticed how very TINY this USB Drive is - on my desk it could and would easily disappear without trace caught in some papers, as to what will become of it mixed with a bunch of keys at the bottom of my handbag, I dread to think.
Staring at it with my Art @ Design hat on, I saw that it looks just like a stylish piece of modern jewellry, i.e. a pendant. So I got one of those black silk cords people use for handmade pendants these days, removed one end of the simple clasp, threaded the black silk cord through the little ear (you have to encourage it a bit, but if I can do it, you can do it), replaced the clasp end and TA-DA! Firstly, with that cord on, there is no way it gets lost on my desk. Secondly, it looks very Matrix with a black T-shirt or polo neck. Now I am waiting for the first techie lad who says, "Hey, lady, do you know what that thing is?" In Mid-Wales we look forward to simple joys...
1919 Comments| 415 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.