on 8 February 2009
I bought this DVD after reminiscing with my friends about the Lenny Henry show that used to be shown on BBC1. Initially I was looking forward to the spectacle as it was a fairly long comedy show as far as comics usually go. Some of the jokes in this show were truly hilarious, but I felt that Lenny's Character sketches weren't want I remembered, maybe because the way he tells a story through his characters is quite unusual.

Lenny takes serious issues, such as religion, terrorism, crime and love and tells them through character that you could meet in real life. Nothing is over exaggerated, just told how it is. It takes getting used to, but works fairly well.

However, on my second viewing of this DVD, after a knew how the story was going to be told, I was more open minded to the jokes. This time it was the Lenny I remembered.

If you find yourself losing interest, take a break, and then watch again... it worked for me.
4 people found this helpful