on 17 July 2013
Dr Lustig's writes in straightforward terms what sugar does to our bodies - his book is therefore a bit technical but hey, he's talking about processes which take place inside of us, so for me it was well worth the effort to try and understand them as well as I could.

I must say that what I learned from this book was a revelation - in this calorie-obsessed world, I was led to believe that calorie in/calorie out is the only nutritional value that matters in weight maintenance. Dr Lustig, on the other hand, tells us that what really is important is the damage that certain types of foods inflict on our system, and I am very grateful he decided to write that book.

Having read "Fat Chance" I slashed my sugar/ refined carbohydrate intake - and the most noticeable result is that I no longer have those nagging food cravings and my energy level remains constant. For the first time in my life I don't feel compelled to go on yet another slimming diet and started developing a healthy and non-obsessive relationship with food, effort- and guilt-free.

A picture is worth a thousand words - I strongly recommend Dr Lustig's youtube lecture. Some other authors I can recommend are Gary Taubes (he's excellent!), Barry Groves and John S. Yudkin.
9 people found this helpful