on 26 July 2013
I am the Chief Exec of a City Mission in the UK so this type of stuff has been my bread and butter for years. At last someone has written a coherent, and cohesive manual for City Missioners, Church Planters, those working in Fresh expressions and all those who care about the most un-reached people the urban poor. At first glance this book appears to be the case purely for the UK "CHAV" culture but these same principles apply within the Banlieue's of Paris and HLM estates in France. In fact I would say the principles apply to anywhere you find Urban Ghetto's of the poor.

I have recommend this book to many friends. My only area of disappointment is the writer is clearly coming from a conservative Evangelical perspective and I felt the book lacked a couple of chapters in terms of the supernatural and especially the dynamic of signs and wonders especially in confronting spiritual powers within these deeply occult communities.When I have lived in these areas the most common request I have received from people is to come and deliver homes from Evil Spirits.

My experience of over 15 years of working in these areas Is I realize that the powerless turn to the "powers" to lift them and consequently come under their domination and influence. However all that said, I would highly recommend this book and hope it's message goes beyond is potentially, a presently very narrow audience.
What's this?