on 27 March 2002
I'm not sure how I stumbled across this album, but as a Celt, boy am I glad I did! But suffice to say I'm the only person in UK I know who has heard of Flogging Molly! So, If any UK Irish folk rock lovers see this, I STRONGLY suggest they acquire this album, it's a real treat!
Having seen the Pogues in their heyday, I can say without fear of contradiction, that these guys (and gal) are as good if not better! Lofty praise indeed.
This does not happen very often, but I actually like the whole bloody album, not just a couple of trax!
There are some real choice trax here; from kickers like "Every Dog'" and "Black Friday Rule", to the more eccentric trax like "Sentimental Johnny"!
The latter, maybe some of my fellow Irish music lovers from across the pond will be able to tell me, appears to be about Johnny Cash! Is this
assumption correct?
Well I've rambled on enough and I look forward to hearing the new album! Will be ready and waiting for the start of the world tour!!!!
What's this?