After putting up with this printer for 6 months, I decided to buy a Brother Laser printer which is proving far superior. This printer is a complete JOKE. The problems are -
1) It constantly crashes with its wi-fi connection to the PC, the only route is to restart the PC to get it working again (average crash every 1.5 weeks)
2) Try and get it working with a Mac - forget it - Lexmark's support there is non-existent.
3) Its incredibly expensive to run - the ink hardly lasts 50 pages of text only. It keeps on printing test pages and other things, I think just to assist in causing you to buy new ink.
4) Try and use features such as scanning, etc, over the network - constant failure to initiate properly
5) Lexmark technical support have the will but not the knowledge - took 1 hour to remotely reinstall the drivers (to no effect) and it was clear that the guy had no more knowledge than that. I went off to get dinner whilst he did it, and could have done what he had done in 10 minutes.
This printer will cost you a fortune in ink, and will simply create grief. I doubt if there's anything worse on the market, and I would never buy from Lexmark again.
One person found this helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?