on 24 March 2013
Being a researcher for my own books and talks on waste reduction, I've read many a book on this subject, but it is this book by Tristram Stuart that really made me pull my finger out and decide to do something about my concerns over the amount of waste, food and other, that we are a prepared to dismiss as 'normal' or even 'acceptable'.

It is probably 10 years or more since I have allowed any food waste from my home to go to landfill. But reading 'Waste'has made me consider even the small amount of food that I waste (in the form of composting it) and I have found many ways to cut this down significantly. There's the added advantage, of course, of making significant money savings - much needed in this current climate of austerity, which maybe will end up doing us all some good.

Of course it is a global problem, but with the heightened sense of awareness from reading this book I firmly believe we can all do our bit to rethink our attitudes to waste. There is still so much room for improvement. Read this book and you will (I hope) find yourself compelled, like I did, to change and to demand change around you.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink