on 12 February 2001
Why are they not giving these books out - or at least recommending them - at Pre Natal/Mother & Baby Groups? This is the first book/piece of information that I have found that clearly helps with what foods you can give your baby at various stages, interesting, varied and tasty dishes, a key as to which dishes can be frozen, plus helpful meal planners.
All babies are different and I have quickly discovered that my baby does not like many of the exotic fruits and dishes that Annabel suggests trying in some of her recipes, but at least we have tried them and may well try them again in the future.
For those that think her book is nothing new, and that the dishes and ideas are simple, etc, you would be surprised how many mothers I have discovered that either cannot cook, or give their babies nothing but jars and packs of shop bought baby food and think they are cheaper!
Although I have been making all my daughter's meals using fresh, organic products (where possible), to me this book was a Godsend after I searched and asked around for help without success. It has been most informative, given me ideas on how to develop my daughter's interest in different foods, tastes and textures, and more importantly, reassured me that I was giving her the right foods at the right time, etc.
A most informative book. Thank you Annabel.
0Comment| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?