on 10 July 2011
I just thought, that I would write a review for anyone who is interested in buying this dictionary. I am a student of German and own a normal physical copy of the German Oxford dictionary, but I loathe it! Because it is so bulky, and normally takes me quite a while to find words that I want because the text can be very small, with many different meanings of words, I easily get lost.

I don't normally use the English dictionary, only to highlight and get short meanings of words when reading, so I am not sure of the feel of the English dictionaries. However, this particular dictionary feels almost like an "app". A few words of warning though, I haven't found a way to search for German words, by using the English word in a search - you have to know the word you are looking up! But the meanings are still translated into English, so I personally haven't found this a problem, but other users might. I guess the only other warning I can make is that, users should be a little weary when highlighting words in a German book, because it doesn't pick up separable verbs. This may be a problem for users who have just begun German and perhaps picked a child's book to pick of a few new words, because they may not be away of separable verbs yet. I have found in this situation that it is good enough to, just highlight the word and then click more and finally just type the separable verb in.

I guess those warnings should maybe knock it down to 4 stars, but it is just so useful and has saved me so much time that, I refuse to mark it lower than five.

Now you know a few warnings, hopefully users won't be disappointed with a product that has saved me so much more time whilst studying German!

Enjoy Rob
11 Comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?