Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now shop by look Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 23 June 2014
I bought this kit to provide light in a cottage I am working on which has no access to mains electricity at the minute.

Pros:
A decent quality of light for a number of low power bulbs. It's not as bright as say a household 12w cf bulb, but it's more than enough to get the job done. Using more than one bulb in the same area will resolve this problem.
Seems to charge pretty quickly,even in relatively low light conditions.
Ability to plug in a usb of music is quite handy when working remotely, sound quality is okay for an integrated speaker.
Ability to charge up a phone when off the grid is also very handy.
Even with the three bulbs on, i haven't been able to drain the battery as yet while working for over 5 hours.

Cons:
Radio reception is not very good in the location that I have this kit. I've no problem getting radio in the car but this kit doesn't seem to pick it up. (This isn't a major issue for me as the ability to plug in a usb key allows music to be played.) I don't know if this is a problem generally or just with my location.
Bulb construction is quite flimsy. One bulb was DOA, but the seller replaced it immediately. I would recommend maybe picking up a few replacement bulbs if you are going to be moving this kit about a lot.
The universal USB adaptor kit included does not include micro usb, If you want to charge a phone with this adaptor, be sure to have your own cable.

I've been using this kit for a couple of weeks now and generally I'm very happy with it. It does what I wanted it to do. I will be ordering some replacement bulbs to have as a back up. I'd recommend any one who buys this should do the same due to the flimsy bulb construction.
4 people found this helpful