on April 22, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I realise that I have pretty much decided on Plantronics kit for most voice use because their technical team are very helpful and the products work well. I have a DECT headset for voice dictation (due to local interference I suffered with a Bluetooth connection), a Bluetooth headset to use with a Gigaset office phone and a previous incarnation of this headset to use in the car, which I recently lost.

This headset is VERY comfortable and is one of the few designs that stays on my ear. It may be larger than some fashion statements but it is lightweight and I forget it is there. Most importantly for driving, the buttons are intuitive and easy to address.

However, this updated set has various new facilities such as recognising when it is on your ear (to switch calls between your mobile and headset) and battery life warning. I have disabled the 'knows it is on your ear' until I have time to test that it works properly and fear lost calls if it doesn't. I have never needed this facility although I gather some users do find it awkward if their phone is in one place and the earpiece is taking the call elsewhere.

The audio quality of the previous model was very good but the Pro UC surpasses this. Furthermore, according to those calling me the noise suppression is excellent (two microphones listen to ambient sound and strip it out from the outgoing signal).

Overall, typically robust and progressive Plantronics technology; they are a Company I feel safe with because whenever I have stumbled with how to do something I can get through to someone swiftly and they know their subject.

Now for the adventure. I will be seeing if this one earpiece can handle toggling between voice dictation, my office phone and mobile phone. The technical specification indicates multiple pairing is possible but whether this works in practice is another matter. If it does it will truly make this a one stop solution and declutter my desk environment. I will update this in a few weeks if I succeed.
What's this?