on 9 August 2002
Sorry, but I just didn't find this album difficult at all. I'm rather amazed that everyone found this such a 'grower' they had to hear multiple times to appreciate. Maybe it's because I bought the follower 'Confield' before this one. (By-the-by, if you found this album too avant-garde to tolerate, then I wouldn't go anywhere near Confield. If LP5 is considered 'taxing', then I don't know what Confield is).

Original and quite warm, with some cool beats and charming interludes, this is probably the last Ae album that you could tap your foot along with the music. These are some great tunes.

Maybe I've just been listening to alternative/electronic stuff for too long, but I'd say the difficulty of LP5 is over-exaggerated. This is simply a unique and groovy slice of electronic jazz. Worth a look, but I'd agree it isn't one to start with: try Amber or Tri Repetae first.
What's this?