Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on November 27, 2010
The only criticism I can levy at these headphones is that if you do not have speakers of the same quality, you might grow to hate and resent your stereo. There are songs I listen to when I'm out and about that I now cannot listen to at home, because my speakers can't give the same clarity and depth of sound as these headphones, and the songs just don't sound as good.

The sound reproduction is sharp enough that at high volumes, snare drum hits will trigger your blink reflex. Your nervous system will reason that something as sharp and close as they sound is surely a threat to your eyes, and will take steps to protect your precious vision from this unseen spiky danger.

They are comfortable for long periods - I've worn them for long haul flights, and I've even fallen asleep in them when forced to share a room with profoundly annoying people on a company teambuilding exercise. I wouldn't recommend sleeping in them mind. You just can. Should the need arise.

They are also solidly built, having by this point cheerfully survived being used on a daily basis and bunged in a bag when not needed for over two years. If it does break, various parts of it can be bought separately and replaced by the user - a feature that I find is a pretty good indicator that you are dealing with a quality product. You'd never get that on those £1 earbuds my sister insists on buying from Poundland. If, somehow, these headphones did break beyond repair, I would naturally scout around the market like a responsible, tech-savvy consumer, to see if there have been any significant advances or great new models since I last researched them two years ago. But I would not be at ALL surprised if I didn't end up buying another set of these. In fact, I'd be surprised if I didn't.

I may sound a little like I'm over-egging it, and I'll admit there are better performing headphones in the world. Just not at this price.
11 comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?