on 14 October 2006
A lot of people criticise the 'wooden' acting and general unrealness of this film, but personally I don't believe that any of that ditracts from the film as a whole. The film was not going to gross millions and millions, but it's still a masterpiece. It's a fairytale, and is true to the surreal and exaggirated nature of those old stories. I suppose watching this film you feel more as if you are watching a play than a realistically acted film, but there is nothing wrong with that.

On the other hand I cannot pass comment on the replaced score. Fortunately for me this was the first version I saw (I think. It was so long ago that I watched it first) so I was spared the experience of missing the Tangerine Dream music that everyone seems to love so much. Personally I don't have a problem with the DVD version score, but that's just me.

In short, the film is definately worth it's price on Amazon, if not any other, and if you have never seen this film before then trust me, it's worth buying it without checking it out before hand. It is a beautiful and engaging masterpiece with a captivating story that you really need to have experienced if you like this film genre.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details