on 21 August 2012
Purchased the 700x35C for my rear wheel 2 months ago. Loved it and thought I'd get one for the front wheel.

The 35c was pretty easy to pop on and I wondered what the fuss was about when I heard people couldn't get it on. However, after spending the best part of 20 minutes battling, sweating and shouting at my front wheel trying to get the 32c on, I understood what the other people were talking about!

I was told to press and flatten the tyre into the rim as much as possible on both sides and "ease" the top over, but no luck. It was laughable, there was no play whatsoever.

Eventually, I held the tyre and rim to the floor with my feet, and flicked the bit that was still hanging out in with my metal tyre lever. Bad practise, I know!, but there was no other way..

I really hope I don't get a puncture on the road because if it's difficult to get on in the safety of my lounge, there's no way in hell I'd get it back on in the street!
What's this?