on 11 February 2013
Having read the reviews I approached this item with much trepidation. But I have to say, I think several criticisms have been a little harsh. However, do takw on board a few points:

1. The instruction sheet is both hilarious and (almost) totally useless. My guess is that the original Japanese text was run through an on-line translator and not subsequently checked. So, do look at a couple of CUSTOMER reviews on Youtube who guide you on how to operate it.

2. Before you do anything, connect it to the USB on your pc and FULLY charge the battery. (Even Youtube miss out this important step).

3. When you've charged the battery (the blue light goes out), put in and format the mini SD card. I had a slight problem at this stage simply because I hadn't pushed home and fully engaged the card connections inside the device. (Formatting is also overlooked on Youtube.)

4. The item comes with a CD for (I assume) driver installation. I binned this without even looking at it. I use Windows 7 and never install anything on my pc I'm unsure of. Windows 7 will automatically find the drivers you need.

After that, thanks to the video manuals I mention, I had no problem. I was quite surprised and impressed by the video quality I could achieve (better than expected). And there is no silly flashing status light when the device is meant to be recording in secret, unlike similar "spy pens". (Why on earth do they do that?) So, for me, fine. But it's not an "intuitive" device. You do have to familiarize yourself with it a step at a time.
11 Comment| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?