on 19 August 2013
Firstly, I wish I'd read this closer to finishing the first one because there were lots that I hadn't remembered. Perhaps a little bit of help in that dept might help for oldies like me. But it was a great page-turner and I sat up until 2am this morning finishing it.

I think someone else said it is a cross between Diana Gabaldon and JK Rowling and there certainly is a bit of Crossstitch in it, going back in time. I enjoyed the interaction between the vampires, witches and daemons and especially between our heroes. A great read.

Would have given it 4.5 stars if I could. A small complaint is that the Latin and German sentences weren't always translated and its been a long time since I did Latin at school!
What's this?