on 31 October 2011
First let me start by saying I'm not a huge fan of Mr. Fearnley-Whittingstall. Generally seems a bit overblown to me. I say this not to be mean, but to emphasise that I am not a devotee of River Cottage and its fearless leader...just this book, which is absolutely amazing.

I've recently been focusing on the need to add more veg to my diet, but all my vegetarian cookbooks either try to replace meat (think tempeh and nut loaf),just chuck the veg with some pasta or into a pie, or have a list of exotic ingredients as long as your arm.

This book doesn't focus on what's missing in a vegetarian diet, but focuses on the veg and how to make them taste great in a number of simple ways. I've had the book for a month and used it at least 10 times. The recipes are easy to follow, the suggestions for modifications are brilliant, and the food just tastes good. Even my carnivore husband has complimented the recipes and asked for more!

Which brings me to another point - these recipes are very easy to chuck some chicken or fish into if you fancy. You just don't happen to miss it if you don't.

I have recommended this book to all my friends and will continue to use it on a regular basis. It's fab!
1717 Comments| 600 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.