on 15 March 2006
I am not a great lover of live albums or live DVDs as they dont always match up to the real thing. I was extremeley fortunate to be at the first night of his show in Dublin. The audience was really excited and emotional, it was like going to prayer (OK maybe an exaggeration) but this DVD really does capture the essence of a fantastic show(s). What was also nice to see that the audience ranged form 15/16 year olds to the older Bowie fans like myself.
This DVD delivers on all counts. No one can really complain about the songs (as you get plenty)or thier quality. From the rousing Rebel Rebel as an intro to the legeddary Ziggy Stardust at the end it's a roller coaster ride through Bowie's well known and not so well known songs. A highlight is the mighty overlooked re-worked Loving The Alien.
Like other reviewers have stated there really are so many gems on here including:
All The Young Dudes- an audience rousing of singing and general euphoria.
Under Pressure - a song I was not ever that keen on has a new dimension with the wonderful voice of Gail Ann Dorsey bowies' bassist.
Life on Mars - just sublime even now.
Heathen - how this has become an audience favourite is beyond me (dont get me wrong I love it) but its tingling.
The Reality songs hold up very welll best for me being New Killer Star.
The Man Who Sold the World as it should be played.
A truly fantastic rendition of of Sister Midnight even as good as Iggys'
The obligatory Heroes but I wouldnt have it any other way.
The Ziggy finale to top it all off. We really do get to get our cake and eat it on this one.
0Comment| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?