on 29 July 2012
I recently brought one of these, connected it up to my 13 row artic cooler and at idle i was getting temps of 49c. I thought this was strange and put the originally cooler on to just make sure it wasnt a case of poor fitment on the cooler.

With the original fitted the idle was at 56c without overclocking. Using prime 95 the temperatures quickly rose above the safe 62c limit. At one point after 2 minutes or so it was at 68c so i stopped the test. I have seen that this processor also comes with a watercooling kit and i can see why the two are bundled together. The standard cooler just isnt up to the job so factor in a good cooling set up if you want to use this processor 100%.

I refitted my artic cooler and even then the temps were too much for my liking so im getting a Corsair H60 water cooler.

This processor is great value for money. I managed to get myself this processor, 8GB DDR3 ram and Asus motherboard for £300 and thats pretty cheap for the spec of PC i now have.

I would factor a cooler into the equation when buying this processor, it will help performance but also ensure it doesnt melt!
33 Comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?