on 13 September 2012
I hadn't read a book for a long time before I came across this, and the premise really interested me. Needless to say it's reinvigorated my passion for reading, Tokyo Vice is an incredible story, and a real page turner. I found that I read it incredibly quickly and didn't want it to end. I'm now wishing I had something more by this author to read, something similar, but then again this is his life story in Japan so I don't think we'll be getting a sequel!

Without giving too much away, what the author achieved in his time in Japan is truly incredible, to think that he really did change the country for the better. I've lived there and know what the people are like and how adverse to change they can be, and as a foreign journalist in a large national newspaper he must have found it incredibly tough. What he's achieved will really help a lot of people. He was involved in some amazing stories, and you can tell from reading this book that there were some difficult times and decisions he had to make that will stick with him forever. Buy this book, I've recommended it to a lot of my friends who've read it and said the same things as I have, they couldn't put it down and really enjoyed it.
11 Comment| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?