on 1 April 2010
This is an intelligent book from a talented young writer, well crafted, precocious and original. it took me a while to get what was going on in terms of what was 'real' and what was being rehearsed. I could imagine studying or teaching this book and it being quite rewarding as there is so much to unravel, but ultimately I prefer a book with heart and emotion than something that so self-consciously aims to be dazzling and stylistically clever. I've been working my way through the long list for the 2010 Orange prize. This is streets ahead of most of the other entries I've read and yet somehow I hope it doesn't win. She is clearly a writer to watch out for and I would certainly read next book. I might even come to eat my words.
11 Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.